Practices at the Haelan clinic, pre-scheduled appointments are currently available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 10AM - 5PM / Ad Hoc availability Saturdays; 1PM - 5PM.
Susan is a Swedish massage therapist and a level 3 qualified personal trainer. Susan has always had a passion for health and fitness. She has always looked for alternative ways to treat any illness, injury and mental health conditions as she feels pharmaceutical drugs are not always the answer.
What is a Swedish massage good for?
It can help you relax, give you more energy and help after an injury. Swedish massage involves long, kneading strokes combined with rhythmic tapping strokes and movement of the joints. This type of massage targets the uppermost layer of muscles and aims to relieve muscle tension.
Top benefits of Swedish massage therapy-
● Pain management ; if you have a condition like arthritis and are suffering from chronic pain as a result, Swedish massage can be an effective method for managing the pain in a natural way. Talk to your therapist about your pain points.
● Decreased stress and increased relaxation; Many of us live demanding lives, stress can manifest in the body with increased muscle tension and pain. Stress can also manifest in the mind with increased worry or anxiety. Swedish massages help to clear the body and mind of unwanted responses to stress by calming the nervous system and relaxing muscular tension.
● Increases flexibility and range of motion; Swedish massage can elongate the muscles, open and lubricate the joints and decrease swelling, all of which can ease movement and increase flexibility
● Increases overall energy; increased circulation and decreased stress can lead to a general boost of energy
● Improves posture
● Increase blood flow
● Endorphin release to improve mood; research shows increased serotonin in massage recipients, improving their mood and feeling of emotional well-being
● Improves sleep; studies show that getting a massage increases serotonin levels in the body, so you can fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer
● Relieve headaches
● Lymph drainage; lymphatic drainage occurs naturally when you use your muscles however, if for any reason you are not moving your muscles the lymphatic fluid could accumulate. This could cause a build up of toxins. A Swedish massage can help manage this problem!
Are you ready to discover the benefits that a massage regimen could bring to you? For more information or to make an appointment email email@example.com or call 07950457372.
60 minutes full body Swedish massage £65 // 30 minutes massage £30
Cancellation policy: If you need to cancel a session you need to give 24hrs notice or you will be charged for the session